To support the preparations for Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have made changes to the services we provide
Wolverhampton Forensic Liaison Scheme
The Forensic Mental Health Liaison Scheme (WFLS) is a partnership with the Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
The partnership facilitates and co-ordinates secondary and tertiary care for mentally disordered offenders and other forensic service users from the Wolverhampton area.
The multi-disciplinary team from MPFT is based at the Hatherton Centre, medium secure unit and consists of a consultant forensic psychiatrist, consultant forensic nurse and a consultant forensic and clinical psychologist. They provide input to Wolverhampton on a weekly basis.
Trainees/students from the disciplines also attend the meeting as part of their training programme.
Members of both services work together as a mulit-professional clinical team.
Referral to the scheme will normally be the responsibility of the responsible clinician or care co-ordinator and the individual will normally have a current or past history of violent offending behaviour and are presenting with complex risk management issues.
There will often already be multi-agency involvement/input, such as Probation, MAPPA and MARAC. Referrals are made to the scheme co-ordinator who works for the Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. The Hatherton centre provides specialist advice and support. Clinical responsibility for their care remains with the local services when they are resident in Wolverhampton.
Service users admitted to the Hatherton Centre are the clinical responsibility of the Hatherton Centre Team throughout their stay with us (this is the same clinical team which provides input into WFLS).
For further information on the service please contact:
Samantha Mason, Advanced Nurse Practitioner, on 0300 790 7000
Dr. I Ray, Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist, on 0300 790 7000
Shropshire Forensic Liaison Scheme
The Shropshire Forensic Liaison Scheme (SFLS) is operated by the members of the Shropshire Forensic Mental Health Team. The scheme aims to serve local clinicians in Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin using a liaison model, tailored to meet the needs of the more rural and geographically dispersed community. The scheme provides specialist multi-disciplinary forensic advice to colleagues working with service users who may pose a risk of harm to others.
The SFLS aims to:
- Ensure effective clinical consultation and liaison over the care of people with mental health difficulties who have offended or who present risks to others, no matter where they may be located.
- Facilitate effective early involvement of the forensic services and increase the effectiveness of risk management plans.
- Ensure appropriate dissemination of clinical information according to the principles and practice of the Care Programme Approach.
- Facilitate mutual learning and development through collaborative working between specialised forensic and local mental health services.
- Share best practice between the liaison scheme locally and nationally.
- Promote well informed, effective rewarding working relationships.
- Ensure that the limited resources available are used to the maximum advantage.
The SFLS consists of:
- Consultant Clinical Psychologist
- Senior Social Worker
- Senior Forensic Nurse
- Senior Occupational Therapist
- Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist
- Key stakeholders
- Service users
- Families and carers
- Local adult mental health services
- Court diversion & liaison teams
- Ministry of Justice
- Probation services
- Prison services
To make a referral
Please contact the team secretary via email or telephone (see details below). A written referral can be made providing details of the service user concerned and a brief description of what assistance/advice you are seeking. Upon receipt of the referral, the team secretary will arrange an appointment for you to attend the SFLS which meets regularly at the Clee meeting room, The Redwoods Centre, Shrewsbury, between 09:30 and 12:30 every Wednesday. Appointments are 45 minutes.
If you need to speak to a clinician urgently please contact the team secretary on 01743 210116 (Monday to Friday 9-5pm).
Shropshire Forensic Liaison Scheme contact information
Dr Chris Davis
Low Secure Services